The following is a Christian Work Project sponsored in part by a grant from the Boston Baptist Social Union.
Boston Trinity Academy
The mission of Boston Trinity Academy is to educate students on the basis of a Christian worldview and to promote high academic achievement and character development founded on the love of Jesus Christ. Boston Trinity Academy actively recruits a student body that reflects Boston's richly diverse communities and is committed to the proposition that a strong faith culture and a demanding academic programs can unite a student body with social, economic and racial differences. In partnership with parents and the community the Academy seeks to produce granulates distinguished by their intellect, integrity service and moral vision.
Continuing Program Evaluation
In keeping with the school's mission, BTA reflects the economic, racial, ethnic, religious, geographic diversity of the Boston area. In 2009-2010, BTA enrolled 215 students ages 11 - 18 years old in grades 6 - 12; 35% are white, 30% black, 19% Asian, 10% Latino, 4% multi-racial, and 2% Middle Eastern; 32% of students speak a language other than English at home; most students live in the city of Boston (55%); the highest represented neighborhoods are Dorchester, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, and Roxbury; students outside of Boston come from 28 area towns including Chelsea, Cambridge, Somerville, Newton, Revere, Brookline, Dedham, and Wellesley. More than $1 million in financial aid was awarded to 64% of the student body.
Although Boston Trinity Academy is clearly a school of Christian faith, close to 20% of our students come form families of other faiths or not faith tradition; the other 80% come from a wide scope of denominations inlcuding Baptist, Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Evangelical non-denominational, Pentecostal, and Presbyterian.
In 2010-2011, 215 students will be enrolled with similar demographics. Instead of focusing on growth, our approach for the next academic year is to perfect our program in order to be the best small independent Christian middle and high school in the city of Boston.